How to setup Geofencing for Track Devices?
Under Device Management, the SmartView platform allows the user to have quick access to the user’s
Geofence management tab. This allows the user to complete the following functions:
• Set up a geofence for multiple devices at once.
• A map overview of all installed devices on the Smart-View Asset Track platform.
1. From the Asset Tracking Dashboard the user will navigate to the Geofence Management” under Device Management where you will be navigated to the geofence page, the user must tick the device/s they want geofencing on .
2. Upon ticking a device or devices you wish to apply geofencing on. Select the area covarage for the geofence on the map.
The area covered by the geo-fence will be boundaries set by the user. When the asset moves out of bounds, the user linked to that asset will instantly be notified and the current location of the asset will be sent respectively.
3. Once you have selected the geofencing area on the map, wait for a pop-up information dialog box presenting the you with the specifications, i.e. the device ID and radius covered of the geo-fence for just created, an image below depicts this: