How to import Utilities Devices in Smart Utilities Platform?
1. From the Smart Utilities Dashboard the user will navigate to the
“Import Devices” under the Devices Tab on the controller and wait for the page to load.
2. Select the Metering Farm, Metering Section & Service Point to
assign the devices to.
3. Select the Device Family then device type
4. Download the example excel file provided for the data format.
5. Insert the device data in accordance with the example excel file
6. Click "Choose File" to navigate to the excel file on your
pc, laptop or external device with devices to be imported and select the file for upload.
7. Click "Import" to import the devices.
With the Import Devices option, the user will be able to add more than
one device at a time. This option is convenient as there will be times users will want to upload
newly acquired devices in bulk to the platform.
- Example. CSV file this is an example of
the file format which CSV files need to conform to in order to be successfully imported to the IoT
The file to be imported to IoT SmartView platform needs to conform to
the correct format.
Device ID: This is the device’s ID, it is an alphanumeric
consisting of 6 digits.
Device Name: This is a name descriptive to the device.
• Incorrect file upload.
• Incorrect device data inputs.
• Incorrect File Uploaded.